quarta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2008

My Precious

Lately I’m turning this blog into a diary. But that is not the point of it. If you want to know what I’m doing talk directly with me :). Of course my thoughts come to me from my daily experience so you will hear from it as good or bad example.

So today I will not write a word about my vacations.
Instead let’s just talk about money. Normally you need always some of it for vacations. More or less depends of what you want to do with your vacations. You might want to go abroad into a luxurious resort or simple stay in the ground and do some camping. Depends on the will and on financial situation. But in the end what really matter is with whom and how it is spend.
As religious I’m teach to be poor in materials and in a way money represents material things. They can be superfluous comparing with love between each other. It is said that money can buy happiness, but are the richer happier that the poor? Not necessarily, money can buy instantaneous happiness but not in long term, the one that should matter. The money provides us a better material/physical life but not an internal/spiritual one.
Money invokes greedy, one of the original mortal sins. It’s known that the more we have the more we want. But is it the goal of our life? Have the biggest bank account? Or have the biggest friends/family community? This last are for life at any cost, the bank account not.
Modesty away, I know that I can be good on what I do, and so I fight to earn what I deserve. I believe that one should be compensated for his work, although not exclusively by money. When we accept a new job there are more factors other than money. There is work experience or with whom we work. But in a capitalist society is necessary to have money. Everything is money. Basic human need to eat requires money to buy or even to cultivate our food supply. Unfortunately we need money.
Another original mortal sin associated with money is luxury. But do we really need everything? Keep it simple, why complicate? Every human being is different and has different needs and different standards. So we shouldn’t criticize anyone for his spending. Though we can try to understand his needs and eventually talk about it. We don’t need to be rich to have everything we need. We can recycle/reuse what we have. We can share. Be solidarity.

And now the big question is how do I spend my money? Speech can be all beautiful, talk about a perfect world, but how do I really handle my precious money? You might not notice but I’m not perfect:), though we must try to do always our best. And so I’m not truly poor in material things. Actually I like to have my own things. And normally I don’t saved much. I prefer to spend more to have more quality. Quality of life is one of my aims. I don’t do much maths to calculate the minimum prices, hate to spend time to find the cheapest, if I want I buy, but typically I just want what I really need. I hate spend too much time at shopping’s. Where I don’t have problems spending money is in activities with friends/family. Go to concerts, theatre, shows, sports, travelling, etc. Like as I’m buying quality time with them.
For me, we live in the present and we have to use it the best way. So I prefer spend more now than to save for later and don’t have time to use it.
Of course the future is uncertain and we have to be cautions with it. So I also save some to invest but trying not to block the present. I believe that God is watching for us, but we have to be worthy of it and do our best. Even if a catastrophe comes upon us, it is for a reason and we must take the most of it.
Well this post is growing too big and time is money:) so I will finish for now.

Sem comentários: